Monday, July 17, 2006

Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Seitan

It's been too long since I've made Brussels sprouts, and when I found them in the store today, I bought them. I tried sauteeing them with onion and thickly sliced seitan, then seasoning with a variety of spices such as turmeric and freshly ground black pepper. It came out great! I also served some fresh Italian bread (purchased frozen and baked at home) with sundried tomatoes, and slices of Reed avocado.

Yesterday we were out and hungry, so just ate at El Rodeo Mexican Restaurant; the serving size was modest and the food reasonable - I had a potato enchilada and mushroom burrito. On Saturday, we had a potluck dinner, for which I prepared a rice and tempeh dish. Tomorrow I have a new cooking class beginning, so my students will be cooking for six of the next seven Tuesdays (we're not having class on August 15)!

2 Comments:

At Tue Jul 18, 11:54:00 PM EDT, Blogger Eleni Binge said...

I love brussel sprouts sauted in a little olive oil & garlic, with a hint of lemon on top.
Thank you both so much for stopping by for Mr. Beloved's bday! I have 8/5 on my calendar.

 
At Wed Jul 19, 02:44:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks for your suggestion - I have some sprouts leftover that I was going to steam, but maybe I'll try something like you are suggesting. Thanks for the short but fun stopover and the two cakes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home