Friday, June 30, 2006

Leftovers - Potato Salad, Chard, Smoked Tempeh, and a friend's Tabbouleh

I taught tonight but rather than eating out, we had some leftovers to eat, so did just that. Yesterday, we attended a picnic that my wife's manager organized - it was at the very pleasant
Tanglewood Park in Clemmons, NC, just west of Winston-Salem. We ate so much that we didn't need to eat dinner when we came home - and we didn't leave the picnic till after 6 or 7p.

I had made a big (7 quarts, I believe) potato salad; I used (all organic ingredients) Yukon Gold potatoes, vegenaise, celery, capers (oh, those may not have been organic), dill pickles, dill weed, red onions, and more. We had some set aside for ourselves, and enjoyed that with dinner tonight. Sangeeta's manager made a very nice tabbouleh (which I find not so easy to make well, but hers was excellent!), and we had some of that again tonight. We finished up the chard that we had made a few days ago and I sauteed the remaining smoked tempeh ("fakin' bacon") that we had left in the refrigerator.

1 Comments:

At Fri Jul 07, 09:40:00 PM EDT, Blogger Eleni Binge said...

hey dilip! This looks great. I miss you both and hope you are having fun in Connecticut? Call us when you return.
The food looks great as usual.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home