Japanese Sweet Potato with Kale and Corn, Hemp Tempeh (No Added Fat)
- 3 sweet potatoes (I used my favorite, Japanese variety) cut into approximately thirds
- 1 cup of water
- 3/4 cup onion cut into 3/8" cubes
- 3 kale leaves, stems excepted, roughly hand torn into approximately 1/2" squares
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- I put the cup of water into my Instant Pot pressure cooker, then put the sweet potatoes on top of the steamer rack so that the potato wasn't touching the sides. I had meant to do a 16 minute pressure steam, but did a simple 16 minute pressure cook.
- After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure. The sweet potatoes were perfectly done; my goal was to undercook them and complete their cooking with other vegetables.
- I put the onion into my large Saladmaster stock pan and cooked on low, stirring occasionally, for 2 or 3 minutes till the onion was getting clear.
- I then added the sweet potato, kale and corn and covered, letting it cook waterlessly for 10 minutes.
- I served along with sauteed (with no oil) hemp tempeh and salad.