Cannellini Beans with Sea Beans, Bhutanese Red Rice, Massaged Kale Salad (No Added Fat)
sea beans in the store a few days ago; I've not had them in a long time. A sign there suggested blanching them to reduce their salt content, and I thought that they would pair nicely with a white bean (so the green of the beans would show nicely), so decided to soak cannellini beans and use them. Here is what I did.
- 1 1/2 cups cannellini beans, rinsed and soaked for 5 hours or more, then rinsed again
- Enough water to just cover beans
- Vegan bouillon cube
- 1 cup onion cut into 1/4" cubes (maybe 1/2 of a medium onion)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- (optional) 2T nutritional yeast
- 1t dried oregano
- 1T lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups sea beans
- At least 2 or 2 1/2 cups ice water
- I put the beans with enough water to just cover them and bouillon cube into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for 30m.
- While the beans were cooking, I prepared the sea beans
- I boiled the sea beans for 1 1/2 minutes till they turned bright green
- I then suddenly drained and plunged them into the ice water
- I left them sitting in the water till I was ready for them
- After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then ....
- When I was ready to serve, I opened the pot slowly, and added the onion, tomato, nutritional yeast, oregano, and lemon juice.