Sunday, June 12, 2016

Organic Black Bean Spaghetti with Artichoke Marinara (No Added Fat)

It was my wife's birthday and she wanted home cooking, our norm. I love to cook, so it was no problem!

I love bean pastas, particularly the organic edamame and mung bean fettuccine that I used with dinner a few weeks ago. Today, I made another organic pasta from the same company today, black bean spaghetti, that has simply black beans as the one ingredient.

I cooked waterlessly a bit of garlic, onion cut into half moons, and frozen artichoke hearts (i.e., I used a small Saladmaster pan, put the ingredients in, and cooked, covered, on medium till the vapor lock rattled, then reduced heat to low till the rattling stopped). After maybe 15m, I added canned roasted tomatoes, nutritional yeast, salt, and lemon pepper, and returned to a low simmer, covered. When the black bean pasta was done, I served with the pasta with the artichoke marinara atop.

Results

Dinner was excellent! I love the texture of these bean pastas. My wife was quite pleased with her birthday dinner. (I went on to make some blueberry muffins with my daughter for my wife's birthday - yummy!)

Ideas for the future

I should buy all the varieties of this bean pasta and explore innovative ways of serving them, such as perhaps inside winter squash or with a lemon-miso dressing.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home