Black Beans and Pineapple with Brown Rice (No Added Fat)
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, rinsed and soaked overnight (I didn't soak overnight but had only 3-4 hours, so soaked in initially boiling water)
- Vegan bouillon cube
- Enough water to just cover beans plus 1/4"
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced (1/8")
- 2 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, finely diced (1/8")
- 3 cups chopped kale (I used frozen, which was about a 1/2" square cut)
- 3/4 t salt (or to taste)
- 1 t lemon pepper (or freshly ground black pepper)
- (optional) 1/2 t garlic powder
- (optional) 2 T nutritional yeast
- I rinsed the beans again and had my wife put them into my Instant Pot pressure cooker with water to cover plus 1/4"; I forgot to ask her to add a bouillon cube, so just added it at the end. I had my wife have the pressure cooker go for 30m.
- After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then added the garlic, pineapple, and kale.
- To be sure it was nice and hot, I turned the Instant Pot on again in saute mode just for a few minutes, then added the salt, lemon pepper, garlic powder, and nutritional yeast, and served, along with brown rice.