Monday, May 09, 2016

Cauliflower and Seitan with Peas, Brown Rice (No Added Fat)

I thought that it might be good to make a cauliflower dish and came up with the idea of combining cauliflower with seitan. Here is what I did.


Ingredients
  • Head of cauliflower cut into florets (about 5 cups)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced finely (about 1/8" mince)
  • Vegan bouillon cube
  • 1/4 cup water
  • Cup (about 1/2 medium onion) onion cut into approximately 1/4" thick half moons
  • 8 ounces of seitan cut into 1/2" cubes
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen (or fresh) peas
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 1/2 t turmeric
  • (optional) 1T miso (if not used, a bit more salt may be nice)
Process
  1. Cauliflower is supposed to cook in 2-3 minutes under pressure. I put the cauliflower, garlic, bouillon cube, and water, and bouillon cube into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for 2m.
  2. In parallel, on a cast iron pan with no added oil, I sauteed the onion for 3-5 minutes till lightly caramelized then added the seitan and cooked another 4-6 minutes till the seitan was lightly browned.
  3. I had meant to do a quick release of the vegetable right after cooking but forgot; I did a quick release when I remembered and mixed in the peas, salt, turmeric, miso, and seitan plus onion.
I served the cauliflower with long-grained brown rice.
Results

Pending

Ideas for the future

Pending

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home