Cauliflower and Seitan with Peas, Brown Rice (No Added Fat)
I thought that it might be good to make a cauliflower dish and came up with the idea of combining cauliflower with seitan. Here is what I did.
- Head of cauliflower cut into florets (about 5 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced finely (about 1/8" mince)
- Vegan bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup water
- Cup (about 1/2 medium onion) onion cut into approximately 1/4" thick half moons
- 8 ounces of seitan cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen (or fresh) peas
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t turmeric
- (optional) 1T miso (if not used, a bit more salt may be nice)
- Cauliflower is supposed to cook in 2-3 minutes under pressure. I put the cauliflower, garlic, bouillon cube, and water, and bouillon cube into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for 2m.
- In parallel, on a cast iron pan with no added oil, I sauteed the onion for 3-5 minutes till lightly caramelized then added the seitan and cooked another 4-6 minutes till the seitan was lightly browned.
- I had meant to do a quick release of the vegetable right after cooking but forgot; I did a quick release when I remembered and mixed in the peas, salt, turmeric, miso, and seitan plus onion.