Monday, June 27, 2016

Kale, Green Tomato, and Vegan Sausage

Ingredients
  • 5 leaves kale, roughly hand torn into approximately 1" squares, stems excepted (about 4 cups, compressed)
  • Medium green tomato cut into 3/8" cubes (about 1 cup)
  • 1 Field Roast brand sausage, cut into 1/4" lengths and halved (10g)
  • Vegan bouillon cube
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup green onion (other kinds of onions would be fine) chopped into 1/2" lengths
Process
  1.  I put all the ingredients except the onion into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for 2 minutes.
  2. After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then added the green onion.
I served with a dollop of salsa (for my wife and me), as well as with some corn-off-the-cob -- my wife found our local coop had organic ears of corn.

Results

Dinner was good!

Ideas for the future

Additional greens could be used.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home