Saturday, July 22, 2006

Mushroom-broccoli saute


Tonight I made a simple saute with mushrooms, onions, and broccoli. I served it with Himalayan Red rice and seeded ciabatta (Italian "slipper" bread - called because of its shape) toast.

We've been eating out a lot! Last night I taught, so as we usually do, we ate out after my class. We had a good meal at Margaret's Cantina in Chapel Hill. They are well aware of vegan dining, and we had combinations of enchiladas and tacos with vegetables and tempeh, along with good, hearty brown Mexican rice and black beans that my wife enjoyed (I did, too, but just sampled a few - my stomach sometimes doesn't tolerate beans). We also had some good in-house made white peach sorbet.

The night before, Wednesday the 19th, I also taught, but in the late afternoon. It wouldn't have been a problem cooking, but we were going to a dance performance and my wife was working out-of-town and would arrive with not much time before the show. So we met at Pop's trattoria near the performance and had salad and a reasonable (but not as tasty as I remember that they have made in the past) wood oven-fired pizza sans cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home