Saturday, May 27, 2006

Celebration Roast with roasted garlic-mashed potatoes (night before a rose show)

I really like the Field Roast "Grain Meat" [my quotes] Company's "sausage" (especially the apple sage one), and recently purchased their handmade stuffed (with apples, squash, and mushrooms) Celebration Roast. I tried a small slice cold as I was working on dinner and it was good. I simply heated the roast in my toaster oven while I made the rest of the meal - mashed potatoes with roasted garlic and herbs, and a salad sprinkled with organic rose petals from my garden in commemoration of the fact that I'm basically ready for tomorrow's rose show!

I didn't want to take the time the night before the show to prepare a gravy, so tried a bottled Thai Sesame Lime dressing/marinade from Drew's - it was good, added needed moisture to the roast, and gave a unique and pleasing taste. We really liked the warm roast but it does make you thirsty and is very filling! I set aside a little before heating, and may slice it thinly and make sandwiches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home