Sunday, May 14, 2006

Simple burger - fries - Indian flattened rice (poha) dinner

Tonight my wife ate on her own and it ended up being very late (past 1a!), so I made a simple dinner for myself. I grilled an organic sunshine burger (I like this product as it is soy-free and my wife sometimes has difficulty digesting tofu and non-fermented soy products) and served it as two halves on two sunflower seed buns with vegan Scheese cheddar style "cheese" with chives. My wife had made Indian flattened rice poha with peanuts early in the day, and I had some as leftover. I also had some french fries.

Last night, my brother was ending his almost week-long visit and suggested that we head to the airport a little early so that we could get some good South Indian food from one of my favorite local restaurants, Tower, just down the street from the airport, where we had a too-hurried dosa (South Indian crepes) dinner.

On Thursday, I taught and we ate out, as we usually do - it turned out to be a mediocre experience at a relatively new Malaysian and Thai restaurant on the "main drag" Franklin Street in Chapel Hill called Penang. The service was surprisingly rude from the moment we entered (and progressively got worse), and the food was not particularly tasty.

3 Comments:

At Sun May 14, 12:48:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dilip! Great blog! Just one thing you need to correct in your link to our Eat Air blog - we're not two women! Not that there's anything wrong with that but I happen to be of the male persuasion and Darlene is my wife ;-)

We used to live in Raleigh and still get back there from time to time. And we love Indian food and South Indian in particular so we're happy to see more South Indian restaurants in that area. We always go to Udupi in Cary when we're there, but maybe now we'll keep an eye on your blog for other ideas.

 
At Thu Mar 29, 09:30:00 PM EDT, Blogger TNL said...

Tower, I remember visiting this restaurant. The food was excellent. I remember I enjoyed their tomato rasam immensely....

you have a great blog here...going to go through this at leisure over the weekend.

trupti

 
At Thu Mar 29, 11:20:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, trupti. It's about a year old! You may enjoy my home page, dilip.info, and the vegetarian society's page, trianglevegsociety.org . Are you in the area? We're lucky to have such good South Indian food here in the Triangle area of NC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home