Cannellini Beans with Creamy Cauliflower (No Added Fat)
- 2 cups dry cannellini beans, rinsed, soaked overnight, and then rinsed again
- Enough water to just cover the beans
- Florets from medium head of cauliflower (florets kept large and not subdivided; about 4 cups)
- Vegan bouillon cube
- 3 scallions cut into 1/4" pieces (about 3/4 cup)
- 1T (or bit more) lemon juice (I squeezed a Meyer lemon)
- 1t salt (more or less to taste; I used a combination of kala namak and Himalayan salt)
- 1/4 t lemon pepper (or freshly ground black pepper)
- (optional) 1/2 t tarragon
- It takes 20-25m to cook soaked cannellini beans; of course, the cauliflower would be done in just a minute or so. I kept the cauliflower pieces large as I was going to include them for the whole cook time and have very soft, perhaps creamy, cauliflower. I went with a 22m cook time by putting the beans, water, cauliflower, and bouillon cube into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooking for 22m.
- After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then added the scallion, lemon juice, and seasonings, and served.