Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Vegetable Stew over Brown Rice Noodles (No Added Fat)

I wanted to use up a number of fresh ingredients that I had in the refrigerator and thought that I'd make a kind of stew and serve it atop brown rice noodles.


Ingredients
  • 14.5 ounce can of fire roasted tomatoes
  • 3 cups of mixed fresh vegetables (I used mushrooms, okra, kale, and cabbage)
  • 1t chopped basil
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely (1/8") diced
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 1/8 t lemon pepper
  • 1/2 cup onion cut into 3/8" cubes
Process
  1. I added all of the ingredients except the onion into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for 2m.
  2. After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then added the onion and served atop brown rice noodles with some sauteed tempeh (cooked on a cast iron pan with no added oil)
Results

Dinner was surprisingly good, which I credit to the great flavor that my pressure cooker imparts to my dishes. It was particularly good with a bit of hot sauce added at the table.

Ideas for the future

I should more often do a refrigerator cleanup in this way!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home