Black Beluga Lentils with Kale and Yellow Beets served with Layered Paratha and Yogurt
- 1/2 cup black beluga lentils
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium yellow (or red) beet, peeled, top and bottom removed, then cut into approximately 3/8" cubes
- 2 leaves of kale, stems excepted and hand torn into approximately 3/4" squares (about a compressed cup)
- Vegan bouillon cube
- 1/8 cup onion cut into 3/8" cubes
- 2t lemon juice
- 1/4 t (or to taste) salt
- I put the lentils, beet, kale, bouillon cube, and water into a small stock pot and brought the contents to a boil, then simmered for 25m.
- I added the onion, lemon juice, and salt, and served.
My family has been very happy yogurt and my wife claims it is the best yogurt
with my homemade