Seitan and Artichoke Vegetable Soup, Guacamole, Smoked Salt and Pepper Hemp Tempeh (No Added Fat)
good vegan ice cream is in order for tonight after dinner!) and wanted to have soup. My Instant Pot makes delicious soup. Here is what I did.
- 5 cups of water
- 8 ounces of seitan chopped into approximately 1/4" x 1" strips
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- 6 kale leaves, stems excepted, and then roughly torn intro approximately 3/4" squares
- 2 cups of carrots cut into about 3/8" slices (about 5 small carrots)
- 2 scallions (all I had) cut into 3/8" slices (green and white parts both)
- 2t finely chopped basil (I used frozen cubes)
- 1t oregano leaves
- Vegan bouillon cube
- 1/2 t (or to taste) salt
- 1T lemon juice
- I put all of the ingredients except the lemon juice into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and pressed the "Soup" button, meaning a 30m pressure cook time.
- After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then added the lemon juice and served.