Pinto Beans and Greens, Corn-off-the-Cob (No Added Fat)
Weaver Street Market, has been getting organic corn! Here is what I did.
- 1 1/2 cups pinto beans, rinsed, soaked overnight, then rinsed again (or, as I did, soaked in boiling water for 3 hours or so)
- Enough water to just cover beans
- 2 cloves garlic, finely (1/8") minced
- 6 leaves kale, stems excepted, and roughly
- Vegan bouillon cube
- 4 scallions cut into 1/4" pieces (about 1/3 cup)
- 1t lemon juice
- 1T nutritional yeast
- 1/2 t salt
- 10 leaves fresh oregano, minced (app. 1/8")
- I put the beans, water, garlic, kale, and bouillon cube into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and cooked for 30m.
- After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then added the scallions, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, oregano, and salt.