Monday, July 25, 2016

Edamame with Steamed Carrot, Flame-Roasted Corn-off-the-Cob (No Added Fat)

I made a quick and easy dinner by cooking frozen edamame pods, uncovered, in boiling water for 6 minutes. I put sticks of carrot maybe 4" x 1/2" atop the pods to gently cook the carrot.

I also flame-roasted cobs of corn over my gas range, stripped the kernels, and mixed in lemon juice and salt. Some cucumber completed the meal. I served the edamame with carrot; at the table, we could remove the edamame beans by putting each pod in our mouths and pulling, eating the beans and composting the shells.
Results
Dinner was good and healthful but not particularly sophisticated.

Ideas for the future

I should cook edamame pods more often - they're quite tasty.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home