Sweet Potato with Roma Tomato (No Added Fat) (1st experiment with "smart" bluetooth cooking)
Smart Instant Pot with bluetooth wireless connectivity. Both pots are essentially the same, but the smart one allows control from and feedback to a smart phone. I decided to give it a try with tonight's dinner.
I found some good looking organic roma tomatoes in the store today, and thought that I'd make a sweet potato - tomato main course with sauteed tempeh on the side. Here is what I did.
- 4 sweet potatoes cut into about 2" pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 cup water
- 3 medium roma tomatoes cut into approximately 1/2" cubes (2 cups)
- 1T capers
- 1T Dijon style mustard
- 1/2 cup onion cut into approx. 3/8" cubes
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper (I instead used lemon pepper)
- 1/2 t dried rosemary needles
- I put the steamer basket into my Instant Pot pressure cooker, added the water, and the sweet potato, then set the garlic cloves on top
- I set the cooker on pressure steaming for 17m (I used my phone instead of the controls on the Instant Pot)
- After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then cut the sweet potatoes into 1" cubes.
- I had put the garlic in, expecting it to end up like roasted garlic and that I would be able to squeeze gel-like the garlic out of the skin - and that's exactly what happened. I squeezed the garlic cloves atop the sweet potato.
- I mixed in the remaining ingredients and served.