Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Eggplant-Garlic on Sour Dough Bread with Broccolini

I couldn't resist using some fresh sour dough bread that I had purchased from Weaver Street Market. I don't often go to Trader Joe's, but did go a week or two back and had a jar of their eggplant-garlic spread.
I cut about a third of an eggplant into 1/4" cubes and sauteed with half of a large shallot, chopped into thin pieces maybe 1/2" long. Once the eggplant was cooked after about 8 minutes, I mixed in enough of the spread to amply cover two slices of bread, and gently heated for a few minutes. I added maybe 1/8 teaspoonful of fresh lemon sage and served atop the bread.
I also made a simple broccolini - garlic saute. I served it with some Meyer lemon juice. My wife had made some black-eyed peas; I put a serving atop some salad greens to complete the meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home