Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Spinach Florentine Ravioli with Cabernet Marinara Sauce and Cilantro Pesto Tofu

My wife had eaten on her own, so I made dinner just for my daughter and myself tonight. My wife never eats tofu as it upsets her stomach; my stomach also sometimes gets upset, so I avoid tofu (we both love tempeh, instead), but Whole Foods sells a few prepared tofus that I do like, and I occasionally purchase them. Today, I had picked up a cilantro pesto tofu, and used it with dinner, since my wife wasn't eating.

Rising Moon Organics makes easy to prepare ravioli, including several vegan varieties. I had some spinach florentine ravioli and prepared it (I brought a large pan of water to a boil, turned the heat off, added the ravioli, and then turned the heat back on at low for a few minutes, then turned it off again and let the ravioli cook for a total of 8 minutes).

I gently heated some organic marinara sauce with cabernet wine, along with 1/8 shallot and about the same volume of red bell pepper, both chopped to 1/4" cubes, as well as 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano and a teaspoon of nutritional yeast. I simmered it on low then served it atop the ravioli, along with the tofu and a salad of mixed greens, tomato, and five mixed olives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home