Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Steamed Artichoke Heart, Smoky Tempeh Bacon, Steamed Vegetables

I have been looking forward to serving a steamed artichoke to my father-in-law and when I found artichokes at a reasonable price, I purchased three. I steamed the artichoke for about 45 or 50 minutes, and steamed beans and Brussels sprouts for about 20 minutes. I also heated some smoky tempeh strips. I prepared a dip for the artichokes (and the steamed vegetables) by simply melting Earth Balance margarine and mixing in salt, rosemary, and lemon juice. It was a good dinner!

This past weekend, we took our baby on her first vacation. We left on Friday, had dinner at Tower South Indian Restaurant, and ended up at the beach, where we like to rent an ocean-front condo. We brought food from Tower to cover our dinner on Saturday. On Sunday, we ate for the first time at a kosher Moroccan restaurant, Nagila (we actually restaurant hopped and first ate salad at Tidal Creek Coop, which features an all-organic salad bar, an all-organic produce section, and great smoothies) - everything was great! They made very nice falafel, excellent eggplant, and a nice rice-stuffed cabbage. The food was so good that my father-in-law has said it is his favorite food we have taken him out to eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home