Sunday, March 01, 2009

Roasted Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes, Melissa's Soup

I look forward each year to the annual convention of the Professional Photographers of North Carolina. This year it came a little early and started today. I am not an early person, but brace myself and wake up to get to sessions that sometimes begin as early as 7a or 7:30a!

Today was a short day and I was done by 4:30. We had planned on going to a potluck dinner, but ended up last minute not going. I put a reasonable dinner together fairly quickly.

My wife's father, visiting us for a few months from India, cut some fingerling potatoes into strips; my wife was planning on our taking a potato dish. I used the potatoes by mixing in a little olive oil, salt, and rosemary needles, then baking, single layer, in a preheated 425°F oven for about a half hour.

We buy soup locally from a woman named Melissa; her soups are always excellent, and I served some of her current batch (a chickpea soup) as well. Finally, I served some broccoli slaw (shredded broccoli stalk and carrot that I had purcased as this raw mix) with Jamaican Pickapeppa sauce drops. Not bad for an unplanned dinner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home