Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spaghetti Squash with Chunky Sauce

For tonight's meal, I told my father-in-law, visiting us for a few months to help take care of our cute little baby, that I had a surprise. I put a spaghetti squash to boil and cooked it till a knife cut showed that it was soft inside. I removed the squash from the water, halved it and took out the seeds, then asked him to watch as I ran a fork down the flesh - generating "spaghetti"!

I had some chunky tomato sauce leftover from last week, and served it atop the squash, along with vegan Parm! "Parmesan cheese". Sauteed tempeh (except for my father-in-law, to whom I introduced baked tofu) and avocado rounded out the meal. Not bad for having to quickly put dinner together after shopping and working out!

Yesterday, some friends kindly invited us to their home. They made a very nice South Indian meal of sambar, idli, and fruits; we brought coconut milk-based chocolate covered "ice cream" bars. We had a nice vegetarian society potluck dinner and discussion of stress reduction techniques on Saturday. My wife made some lentils and I simply brought a brown and wild rice mixture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home