Sunday, December 28, 2008

Melissa's Cauliflower Soup, Whole Wheat English Muffins with Mushrooms and Pesto alla Trapanese, Orzo Salad

As I described on Monday, there is a local person who makes batches of soups for sale each weekend. This week, we got two quarts of a cauliflower soup. My wife should have plenty for lunches, so I used much of one quart.

It was great as it was, but I thought that I would spice it up a little and added most of the too-hot smoked Anaheim pepper left from the two that I had made last Thursday. I should have left a good thing alone as it turned out that the pepper, for my wife, was too hot! It was also a little on the hot side for me.

I also served the remaining pesto from yesterday on whole wheat English muffins, topped by prepared mushroom salad from Whole Foods, as well as their prepared orzo salad. Slices of sauteed tempeh and heirloom tomato rounded out the meal.



I feel so blessed to have this heavenly daughter in my life. I hope that she is thriving indirectly with the meals that I am serving to her Mom. My aim is to continue to provide unique, high-quality, nutritious, and visually appealing dinners to said Mom. I was joking with my wife tonight that I only had nine pieces of tempeh so her plate, not the one I photographed here, ended up with only an even number, four, of tempeh design elements :-) .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home