Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Dinner of Rice Noodles with Tempeh and Oyster Mushrooms, Salad with Golden Beet and Parsnip

We were hoping to get out and walk very nearby to have Christmas dinner with my parents, which would have been doubly good as my back currently makes it almost impossible to stoop down to get pots and pans out of cabinets (poor daughter of ours having a at-the-moment in-pain Dad and tired from pumping every three hours Mom!), but my wife didn't feel we could get out. But thankfully the preparation wasn't so bad on my back.

I made a simple saute of oyster mushrooms and finely chopped tempeh, along with a little onion. I had soaked some rice noodles in hot tap water, then, drained, added them to the last two minutes or so of the saute, along with a little port and soy sauce.

I also served steamed golden baby beets (which I had prepared last Thursday and saved), salad greens, heirloom tomatoes, parsnip, and whole wheat crackers. I think I'm hitting many of the foods recommended by my wife's Chinese medicine practitioner to encourage lactation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home