Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lemony Asparagus Spears with Tempeh and Leftover Dhokla

Tonight (our due date, but of course the baby came three weeks early) we had a short window for me to cook and for us to then eat in between my wife's breast milk pumping and feeding the baby. I popped Saturday's khamman dhokla in the toaster oven and heated it. In the meantime in my cast iron pan, I sauteed tempeh slices and served them with a little soy sauce. I then cooked in that cast iron pan some asparagus spears over medium-high heat, also in olive oil. I served with a lot of fresh lemon juice (about a quarter of a small lemon for both servings in total), as well as a little salt and pepper. Finally, heirloom tomato slices rounded out the quick but tasty and nutritous meal (my wife told me that asparagus is good for lactation).

2 Comments:

At Tue Dec 16, 11:18:00 AM EST, Blogger Anardana said...

Mmm looks amazing!

 
At Tue Dec 30, 01:28:00 AM EST, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, Anardana!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home