Monday, December 08, 2008

Curried Potatoes and Kale, Corn-off-the-Cob with Tarragon

Life is busy but so fulfilling with our new baby at home with us. We're on a 3-hour feeding schedule; because the baby was early, her suck is still weak, and my wife has to pump. Poor her, having to work so hard! I help by feeding the baby with pumped and banked breast milk in the afternoons through late at night.

Luckily, my Mom has been bringing lunches over for my wife and several friends so far have brought dinners. My wife needs to be kept well fed and, indirectly through her, so does my darling daughter!

I found a very tasty curried potatoes and kale prepared dish at Whole Foods Market made with potato, kale, ginger, garlic, crushed red pepper, curry powder, canola oil, orange juice, carrot, tomato, coconut milk, onion, corn starch, salt, and water. I heated it up today - it was delicious! I'll have to try to create something like this.

I also flame-roasted two ears of corn, stripped the kernels, and mixed in salt, tarragon, and Earth Balance margarine. I served some heirloom tomato chunks, avocado, and sauteed tempeh slices.

2 Comments:

At Tue Dec 09, 06:39:00 PM EST, Blogger TNL said...

Aww...I am SO glad to hear that you help your wife out!
Tarragon and corn sounds wonderful!

trupti

 
At Tue Dec 09, 11:11:00 PM EST, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, Trupti!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home