Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Brussels Sprouts with Leftover Collard Greens and Fingerling Potatoes, Delicata Squash

My wife and I had a class we were attending at 6:30p so had to hurriedly get dinner put together. I heated the delicata squash from Friday and used Thursday's collard green-fingerling potato dish as a base for a new dish. For this dish, I quartered about a dozen Brussels sprouts and sauteed them over medium heat; a few minutes into the saute, I added a little cubed onion. Once the Brussels sprouts were showing a little browning, I added the leftovers and heated them, mixed with the sprouts. It was a good dinner that didn't take long to prepare.

By the way, tomorrow is our anniversary! We will probably eat out, maybe at Il Palio or Azitra. I teach cooking on Thursday; in any case, our come remodeling comes to my kitchen Thursday morning, when the textured ceiling will be scraped and painted, and crown molding put in. Hopefully, we can get back in to the kitchen on Friday or Saturday. Even then, dinner may have to be out on Friday, as I teach a photograph class Friday evening.

2 Comments:

At Wed Oct 15, 02:10:00 PM EDT, Blogger pksarna said...

Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful occasion to celebrate!

I'll miss seeing your posts for the next few days, but I wish much luck with the kitchen remodel. Perhaps take a before and after snap!

Puja

 
At Mon Oct 20, 01:12:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, Puja! I'll have to write about our tasty anniversary meal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home