Wednesday, November 26, 2008

20081125 Welcome Baby Dinner with Side Plate of Baby Cauliflowers!!!

I'm so excited to report that our baby arrived this past Friday!!! My wife's water broke Thursday at around 11:30a and she was in labor by about 3a Friday morning. My lovely daughter, Anuragini (Anu for short), was born just before 8a. She was 4 pounds 7 ounces and 18" long. We were not prepared -- she came three-plus weeks early!
We were in the hospital till Monday evening. Today was my first day of cooking in my kitchen after the construction - and what an auspicious occasion, the day after Anu's homecoming!
I made a candelit dinner for my wife to celebrate the new (oh so cute!) baby, and featured baby vegetables, including a saute of baby bok choy with tempeh and onion, plus a little soy tamari sauce; baby corn on baby lettuces; baby carrots; quinoa with turmeric; and a side plate that we shared of three different raw baby cauliflowers. It was a nice meal for a fabulous time!!!

7 Comments:

At Sun Nov 30, 07:24:00 AM EST, Blogger Alicia said...

Congratulations Dilip! I'm glad you celebrated your new oh-so-cute baby with such a feast!

 
At Mon Dec 01, 01:12:00 AM EST, Blogger gunter fam said...

oh, baby!!! precious.

 
At Mon Dec 01, 08:13:00 AM EST, Blogger TNL said...

I love the name 'Anuragini'....its beautiful, and yes, your daughter is SO cute!
Many best wishes...do post pics of the new kitchen too!

trupti

 
At Mon Dec 01, 07:50:00 PM EST, Blogger pksarna said...

Aw! Wonderful news and such an auspicious occasion. Very cute to celebrate baby Anu with a meal of baby veggies.

Puja

 
At Fri Dec 05, 01:30:00 PM EST, Blogger K said...

Congrats on the baby!

 
At Mon Dec 15, 06:12:00 AM EST, Blogger VeganCowGirl said...

Congrats! What a beautiful name!

 
At Tue Dec 16, 03:35:00 AM EST, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks to all for your kind comments! I'm truly blessed to have the honor of having Anu in my life. I hope that I prove to be a worthy parent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home