Thursday, December 25, 2008

Anita's Traditional North Indian Dinner

We continue to have kind friends who come by with meals ready to go, which helps with all that we are doing with the baby's feeding schedule. (Because the baby came early, her suck isn't quite strong enough to allow her to simply suckle, and my wife, even more commited to breast feeding than I, has to pump every three hours.)

Today, friends of ours stopped by to meet the baby and brought some homemade treats, including a dhal lentil soup, a particularly good cauliflower dish, and flat bread rotis. I simply heated, added some pickles to the breads, and sliced some heirloom tomatoes.

Their kind and tasty gesture was particularly helpful today as, unfortunately, I hurt my lower back earlier in the day! Since the baby was born, I haven't made it to exercise, something that keeps my back strong. Until a few days ago, we didn't have a changing table, so all those diaper and clothes changes required bending way over onto our bed. This afternoon when I went to put the baby down, my back complained, and I had to yell out for my wife to take the baby and then help me get straightened up. Unfortunately, my chiropractor is out of town, but I did talk with him and he is having me frequently ice my back and take, on an empty stomach 3 or 4 times a day, 1000 mg or so of bromelain, derived from the pineapple, as an anti-inflammatory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home