Friday, July 25, 2008

Artisan Campanelle Pasta with Hearty Eggplant-Vegan Sausage Sauce

I was thinking fondly of the campanelle pasta that I recently described, and decided to make it tonight. I sauteed two thin neon eggplants (skinned and cubed to 1/4" or so) and half of a red onion cubed to 1/4" pieces. When the eggplant was looking cooked, maybe after 5-7 minutes, I added a vegan apple-sage sausage, cut also into small pieces. Once the sausage was lightly brown, I added half of a large red bell pepper and, a minute or two later, a small jar of tomato paste. I simmered then, adding fresh basil and oregano from my garden, as well as dried parsley, salt, and crushed red pepper. It tasted great over the pasta!

6 Comments:

At Sat Jul 26, 03:16:00 AM EDT, Blogger Alicia said...

Hi Dilip! hey, I'm so sorry I haven't commented for such a long time or answered to your last email. I'm very busy these days, argghhh.
It's good to see you're still having those wonderful meals :-)

 
At Sat Jul 26, 03:22:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, Alice, for your kind comment. I just dropped you an email! Best wishes - sorry you're so busy! --Dilip

 
At Thu Jul 31, 05:07:00 PM EDT, Blogger Vaishali said...

Hi Dilip- Nice to find your blog. I haven't run into too many Indian vegan bloggers. It's also amazing you've never repeated a dish in the past several years. Keep up the good work!

 
At Fri Aug 08, 02:58:00 PM EDT, Blogger Pooh said...

I have two monstrous eggplants waiting to be picked in my little container garden. I've never tried campanelle but you've inspired me to make some! Thanks!

 
At Tue Aug 12, 07:56:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, pooh, for your kind comment. How did your dish come out? Best wishes - thanks for visiting my blog! --Dilip

 
At Wed Aug 13, 07:11:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Vaishali, thanks for your kind comments. You're not too far away - come down some year for our amazing Thanksgiving (trianglevegsociety.org/thanksgiving07 is last year's site). I'm glad that we've found each other's sites! --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home