Thursday, July 10, 2008

Artisan Campanelle Pasta with Marinara Sauce, Asparagus with Pine Nuts, Grissini Stirati di Torino breadsticks

As I described last week on July 2, we loved locally made Thomas Gourmet Foods' marinara sauce and the bottle was beckoning with a little left. I had purchased PlentifulPantry.com' artisanal companelle pasta, in the shape of a hollow cone with a flowery fluttery edge, which indeed proved good for holding sauce. (This particular pasta takes 8-10 minutes to cook to al dente, just done.)

I cooked a few vegetables with the marinara sauce and served it atop the cooked pasta - it was very good! I also had purchased recently some interesting very thin breadsticks, Grissini Stirati di Torino breadsticks, a specialty from Turin. They were also very good and nicely crispy. I also briefly sauteed some asparagus and pine nuts as a good side dish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home