Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Leftover Banquet Food, Organic Grissini Stirati di Torino

Yesterday, I hosted a photo competition at the restaurant where we have Thanksgiving, Cafe Parizade. I submitted the following tentative menu, which the chef more or less provided, with some nice enhancements.

Appetizers: Grilled flat breads with roasted red pepper, eggplant, and hummus spreads; Lentil-brown/wild rice cakes with lemon tahini; Raw vegetable plate. Main Courses: Avocado salad; Gazpacho [I don't think he had this]; Lime-marinated seared seitan with peppercorns and fig glaze; Rosemary-roasted garlic whipped potatoes & mushroom-onion gravy; Kale rollups with polenta and artichoke hearts [ref: my food blog from July 2006]]; Roasted corn-off-the-cob accented with smoked poblano peppers and cumin, served with a light sprinkling of lime and salt; Seared portabello mushrooms served with herbed mixed whole grain rices and topped with a maple-citrus syrup. Desserts: Fresh seasonal fruits; coconut-milk based cherry cake.

I think everybody enjoyed the meal! We had some leftovers, and I served them tonight. The meal was accented by thin Grissini Stirati di Torino breadsticks, as well. The good news is that my wife and I are having a large gathering at Cafe Parizade again next Sunday to share some updates and see many friends (a good annual event?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home