Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tempeh-Broccoli Saute, Potato-Beet Salad

We had an excellent American Dance Festival performance to attend tonight starting with Rust by Eiko & Koma (very slow and measured, as I think all of their dances are - my wife particularly appreciates their fascinating deliberate dance, but I'm also a fan), followed by Pure by John Jasperse Company (at times also minimalistic, a very interesting piece that surprisingly included disparate pieces of music such as by Bruce Springsteen, Janis Joplin, a contemporary gangster rapper, and Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young) and ending with Les Noces, set to Stravinsky, by ZviDance. Check out the ADF season video!

Anyway, I wanted to put a reasonably quick dinner together so we could get to the performance a little early. I ended up with a good meal that really didn't take so long to make. One thing that helped is that I used a prepared salad that I had purchased from Weaver Street Coop that sounded unique, potato-beet salad (it contains beets, potatoes, onion, celery, sunflower seed, canola oil, cider vinegar, horseradish, Dijon mustard, dil, salt, and black pepper).

I made a simple saute with tempeh, spinach, broccoli, and a few other vegetables. I served it topped with Lars' Own crispy onions.

2 Comments:

At Thu Jun 19, 01:01:00 PM EDT, Blogger Alicia said...

I love tempeh! but here it is not very easy to find. In a restaurant it's impossible, and it took me two years to find it in the stores! I can imagine it in a saute with broccoli...mmm...

 
At Thu Jun 19, 02:00:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

I love tempeh! It is so versatile. Sorry that it's not available in Deutschland! Thanks for your comment, alice (in veganland). --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home