Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Coconut Rice, Spinach with Green Onion

I taught my 6-week photography class for the first time for the nearby Town of Morrisville (maybe a dozen miles away). The good news is that one of my favorite restaurants, Tower South Indian Restaurant, is also in Morrisville, close to the facility. The bad news, however, is that my class is 6-8p and my wife is nearby in a Sanskrit language class from 8-9:30p, so, though we are closeby, dinners after these classes will be difficult. I'll either eat on my own or with students, if they're interested, as opposed to our Thursday night Carrboro photography class outings.

My wife ended up eating before her class at Tower, and called to say she was bringing home some leftover coconut rice. I made a simple side dish by sauteeing around four green onion spears, cut into 1 1/4" lengths and halved, for just a minute or so, then adding spinach greens and cooking another minute or so. I also served cucumber and daikon radish slices, as well as a pickled pepper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home