Monday, June 09, 2008

Vegan Field Roast with Green Olive and Lemon Mustard, Italian Country Artichoke Hearts in Lemon Rosemary Bread

I thought that we had very little time for dinner; we came home from groceries and some errands and were thinking of going to see my friend Troy whose band Jaafar was playing. I worked to get a nice meal together quickly, but it was still pointless to go to the concert as I'd likely catch only the last 30-45 minutes of it.

I heated a Field Roast handmade stuffed vegan (with apples, squash, and mushrooms) Celebration Roast. Once heated, I sliced it and topped the slices with a gourmet mustard. Ah, the mustard! Some years ago, I loved finding this California Harvest brand of Green Olive and Lemon Mustard with Roasted Garlic, but haven't seen it since. When we were visiting San Francisco a few weeks ago, they had this in a market at San Francisco's Ferry Building!

At the Southern Season annual sale that we visited again today, they again had great artichokes bottled in extra virgin olive oil in Italy on clearance for just a dollar or two! We had purchased fresh lemon rosemary bread, and I had the idea to hollow out two end pieces and simply serve the country artichokes in the pieces of bread. It was a hearty and good meal that took little time to put together!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home