Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Tacos with Sweet Potato Fries

Tonight, I went to see the 2007 Italian film, Mio fratello รจ figlio unico (My Brother is an Only Child); my wife had leftovers on her own so I came home hungry and wanting to make something that I normally don't get to eat. She doesn't like Mexican food, so I made a simple, fast, and tasty meal.

I picked up some taco shells on my way home and made three tacos with artichoke-olive salsa. I heated some pre-made frozen sweet potato fries, and enjoyed a salad.



On Saturday, we had a very nice potluck and talk on Judaism and vegetarianism (you can hear the talk on our podcast); my wife missed it as her sitar teacher had just arrived and she wanted to get lessons from him. I picked up some frozen desserts so didn't cook. Yesterday, after the lovely classical Indian concert (which I photographed) including my wife's sitar teacher's fabulous performance, Sitar (happy name for the situation!) Indian Restaurant donated food for the artists, and my wife paid so that we could also eat. We brought the food home (since the restaurant closed early) and have very nice Basmati rice, breads, and a variety of vegetables.

2 Comments:

At Sat Jun 07, 01:52:00 AM EDT, Blogger Alicia said...

So that green appealing stuff is not guacamole? wow! It looks great!

 
At Sat Jun 07, 04:04:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

No, those are avocado slices. I made tacos again a few days later, and this time used guacamole. Thanks for your kind comment!

--Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home