Monday, June 16, 2008

Midnight Spinach Florentine Ravioli with Corn-off-the-Cob

In my cooking classes, I have a "3 a.m. pasta dinner" that I show my students how to prepare when a friend shows up at 3 in the morning (e.g., as described last March). Tonight, it wasn't nearly as late, but I had to prepare a midnight dinner that would be filling and reasonably fast - we have an early 8:30a appointment tomorrow.

We had a fun and full Father's Day - I made a waffle, hash brown, and fruit brunch for my parents, then my wife and I rushed off to an appointment and ended up, after what turned out to be a snack for me but a very early light dinner for my wife of some toast/sandwiches, at an outdoor symphony orchestra and a friend's house to meet their cute 7-week-old baby. The family are mostly raw food vegans, and offered us some delicious wholesome pie, which filled my wife. It was close to midnight by the time we got home - she was too sleepy to eat and not very hungry anyway, so I was on my own.

I prepared some frozen vegan Spinach Florentine Rising Moon Organics ravioli , and served it topped with a little olive oil and Eat in the Raw's Parma! vegan "Parmesan cheese". I also served some vegetables and fire-roasted corn-off-the-cob with Earth Balance margarine, salt, and lime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home