Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Warmup Cooking Class: "3 a.m. Pasta with Tempeh"

Tonight was the first night of my cooking class. Unlike the rest of the classes where the students cook for most of the three (actually, the class goes more like three and a half hours) hours, in this class I first gave several presentations, including (an updated version of) my Why Vegetarian one. They made a quick meal in about 45 minutes - a saute of tempeh, bell pepper, and onion over pasta, and served it with salad and bread. The pasta dish is my "3 a.m. dinner" - what do you do when a friend shows up at your home at 3 a.m. and hasn't eaten? This has happened to me several times (well, once two friends came at around 2 a.m. I think) and this is the kind of meal that you can quickly put together at that or any hour. (My wife enjoyed leftovers on her own tonight.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home