Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Celebration Roast with Herb Gravy, Mashed Potatoes with Mushrooms, Brussels Sprouts

I am overdue for grocery shopping but luckily had a nice Field Roast handmade stuffed vegan (with apples, squash, and mushrooms) Celebration Roast in my refrigerator. When I cooked with this roast in January, I used a lime-pepper gravy. Recently, I had picked up a package of vegan gravy mix from Road's End Organics, an all-vegan company that makes a line of vegan macaroni and "chreese", also makes gravies, including a savory herb mix, that I used.

It's easy to make these roasts - they just require heating in a moderately hot oven for a few minutes. I prepared some mashed potatoes with a little sauteed elephant garlic and served it with sauteed mixed mushrooms on top. I also grilled some Brussels sprouts and elephant garlic, mixing in a little Baja Lime marinade, salt, and pepper. I put the gravy on top of the roast slices and potatoes. It was a tasty and very filling dinner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home