Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Pesto Pizza with Breaded Eggplant and Roasted Tomato

I had about 45 minutes to put dinner together tonight, coming home from the last day of a photography conference and heading out to a film and discussion on ethics this evening. I started
with a sour dough ready-made Rustic Crust brand crust. Back in the fall, I had made a delicious batch of pesto and it surprisingly kept! I kept postponing using it as I wanted to savor it, but today I used it up.

I had my wife preheat the oven so that the pizza stone could get nice and hot. I grilled some prepared frozen breaded eggplant and topped the crust first with the pesto and a little additional olive oil, then the eggplant and roasted tomato slices. I baked for about 10 minutes on the stone to get a crispy crust. I also served a salad with cute and tasty organic Mexican "pear" or "teardrop" tomatoes, as well as sauteed frozen prepared Potatoes O'Brien (cubed potatoes, bell pepper, and onion). We both loved the pizza!

Yesterday, we had a nice conference banquet. The hotel prepared a good dish of I think breaded chickpeas for me with some vegetables. It was tasty but a rather small serving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home