Thursday, February 15, 2007

Aphrodisiac Valentine's Dinner - asparagus, carrots, Café Parizäde leftovers

We went out tonight to see a play and wanted to get there early, so I didn't have much time to cook. We had some leftovers (quinoa salad, sweet potato tagine with tempeh) from our photo banquet this past Sunday at Café Parizäde in Durham, which I heated. Other than some lettuce (though I tried to arrange that somewhat suggestively at the base of the avocado), the other foods that I served were meant to suggest romance - grilled asparagus (served with some lime, salt, and ground pepper), avocado, and carrot.

It's a bit racy, but you may enjoy an interesting video from PETA that I found! Happy Valentine's Day! (Tomorrow we are eating out after the photography class that I teach; we have family visiting this weekend and I suspect Friday-Sunday nights will be eating at my parents' or out, so I may not have an update till Monday.)

2 Comments:

At Fri Feb 16, 02:18:00 AM EST, Blogger मन कस्तुरी रे.. said...

Hi Dilip
Have you tried "Sabudana Khichadi"?
An upama made of Sago and ground nut powder?

There are many Maharashtrian Dishes which you would love..........May be you have had only north Indian food (Apart from South Indian Dishes) in the hotels which you did not like...........
You can also try "Waran Fala"........Indian Pasta in Lentils........

Ashwini

Ashwini

 
At Fri Feb 16, 03:07:00 PM EST, Blogger Dilip said...

Hi, Ashwini - thanks for your comment, and Happy (belated) Valentine's Day! I have enjoyed some rice-lentil kichadis. I've had some upamas, cereal-like, but not, I think, with sago. Tell me more about the Indian "pasta" with lentils!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home