Friday, March 16, 2007

Leftover Celebration Roast and Risotto, Broccoli with Brussels Sprouts

This is my first anniversary for this blog! We've been having fabulous weather in the 80s (but tomorrow it's going to get down to the 40s!), so last night and tonight we had fun eating on our deck. I heated leftovers from the last few days. I also made a tasty dish with Broccoli and Brussels sprouts.

In a medium-high pan with no oil, I put pine nuts and, almost continually tossing (the nuts burn easily), I gently warmed the nuts till they were light brown, then I removed them from the heat and set them aside. I cut 3 cloves of garlic into slivers and sauteed them for a minute or so, then added diced ginger and jalapeno pepper, as well as broccoli and halved Brussels sprouts. I stirred and sauteed for maybe five minutes, then turned the heat off, mixed in the nuts, and added some paprika and salt. I was thinking of using a sauce, but opted for this simpler dish as it actually tasted quite complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home