Monday, September 24, 2007

Rice Noodles with Grilled Artichoke Hearts and Limed Seitan, Corn-off-the-Cob

Tonight's dinner was one of the tastiest ones I've made in a while! I wanted to use up the remaining "artihearts" (grilled artichoke hearts) from yesterday.

I cut a medium onion into thin half-moon slivers maybe 1/4" thick and started the slivers sauteeing in a little canola and Mongolian Fire oil for a few minutes over medium-high heat. As the onion started to become clear, I added about a teaspoon of finely chopped ginger and 1/4 of a medium jalapeno (all I had; I would have liked to have used a half jalapeno pepper) that I had sliced into approximately 1/8"x3/8" pieces, as well as a half bell pepper that I had sliced maybe 1/4"x3/4". A minute or two later, I added the artihearts (all that was left, maybe a third of the packet) and the limed seitan strips that I had left from Saturday's potluck (about a quarter cup?).

In the meantime, I had some thin rice noodles soaking in very hot tap water for about 10-15 minutes. I then drained and rinsed the noodles with cold water and kept them ready for a quick stir-fry. About two minutes after adding the seitan and artichokes, I put the noodles in, as well as a tablespoon or so of soy sauce. I stirred for a minute and a half, turned the heat off, and finally added about a dozen basil leaves that I had roughly hand torn into approximate quarters.

It came out great! I served this with some corn-off-the-cob that I had added Earth Balance margarine, salt, and Volcano Lime Burst (water, organic lime juice, lemon oil) to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home