Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Cipolla Onion-Mashed Potatoes, Corn-off-the-Cob, Jerk-Seasoned Peas and Carrots

Like many others, I still feel quite moved by September 11th and each year since the tragedy, have looked for commemorative events. I didn't find any local evening events so just had a quiet day at home. I sure hope that we can move to a more peaceful and loving world; surely a plant-based diet is a great way to orient toward such a world!

I made a relatively simple dinner today. I made mashed potatoes, and mixed in small, flattish Italian cipolla onions that had been marinated in oil. I cut the onions into eights, and then halves again. I also included some extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.

I made fresh peas and carrots by using English peas and chopped baby carrots. I boiled the carrots for about 7-10 minutes (I was surprised it took so long) till they were starting to get soft, then added the peas and cooked for another minute or two. I mixed in some jerk seasoning. I also made flame-roasted corn-off-the-cob with Earth Balance margarine, salt, and a little fresh lime juice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home