Friday, September 07, 2007

Potatoes with Peas, Lentils with Okro

I made a simple dinner tonight. I chopped some fingerling and Cranberry Red potatoes into large chunks and began boiling them for a few minutes, after which I added chunks of baby carrots. When the carrot and potato were almost cooked but still firm, I added a handful or so of English peas and cooked just for another minute or two. I drained the water and mixed in a Thai peanut satay sauce and some salt.

In parallel, for about 3 minutes, I sauteed a little red onion and okra, adding a half teaspoon of cumin seeds in the last 30 seconds. I then added French lentils and water in a 1:3 ratio, as well as a pinch of turmeric and several pinches of salt, brought it to a boil, then reduced the heat and simmered, covered, for about 35 minutes.

Yesterday, I had a new photography class that started. My wife and I took several Korean friends of ours out to Sage Vegetarian Cafe where my wife and I shared the pomegranate reduction with tempeh that we so love, as well as an eggplant dish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home