Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Medallion Ligurian Pasta with Vegan Sausage and Olives

I made a simple dinner tonight out of Medallion Ligurian Pasta, as I described when I first cooked with it last week, and leftover tomato sauce. I cut two vegan Field Roast Grain Meat Company apple-sage artisanal sausages into 3/8" discs, then cut those discs in half. I sauteed the sausage for a few minutes, then added half of a medium shallot, finely diced, and cooked for just a few more minutes, till the sausage was slightly browning and the onion was clear.

I mixed this into a sauce pan where the leftover chunky tomato and green pepper sauce was simmering, and continued the simmer for less than five minutes. I added a tablespoonful of pesto and four quartered large green olives, mixed, and served over the pasta. I also served a salad, including Cincinnati radish, and whole wheat toast with roasted yellow tomatoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home