Thursday, July 27, 2006

Seasoned Corn-off-the-Cob, Potato Wedges, Sunshine Burger

I love fresh corn-on-the-cob and get around its sticking in one's teeth by preparing it this way. I roast it over an open flame then use a corn stripper or, more usually, I just take a knife and run it down in vertical strokes, cutting the kernels off. Then I mix in a non-hydrogenated vegan margarine like Earth Balance®, along with spices (tonight I used just some salt and freshly ground black pepper, but I also added some fresh oregano; sometimes I also add a little paprika or chili powder) and lime or lemon juice. It's so good!

Anyway, my wife is still away taking a class, so it was again just me for dinner. I have been relishing the arrival of organic corn so I could prepare my simple but tasty corn-off-the-cob. Yesterday when I was shopping, they had some conventional corn on clearance; I couldn't resist, though I wish it were organic. I prepared the corn along with a simple potato dish with rosemary, olive oil, and salt. I also served an organic soy-free sunshine burger on seeded ciabatta, and heirloom tomato pieces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home