Monday, June 05, 2006

Vegan roast on lemon sourdough boule with edible flower salad and French fries

It's been too long since I've been out of the kitchen! I taught on Thursday and ate at my parents' house; on Friday, a group of friends joined my parents and I to see the film Water (I loved it on opening night and wanted to see it again), and I treated my parents and a friend to a South Indian dinner; and yesterday I made a mixed greens dish for a vegetarian society potluck dinner.

Tonight, I took the leftover vegan "celebration roast", sliced it thin, and served it cold in a sandwich with lemon sourdough boule and mustard. At the farmer's market yesterday, they had some excellent looking salad greens with edible flowers mixed in; I served that, as well as French fries, avocado, and mild red pepper. I heated leftover kale with tempeh that I had made on Wednesday to round out the meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home