Friday, October 20, 2017

Sweet Potato with Leek, Kale, and Edamame (No Added Fat)

My friend Fran Costigan is in town for a cooking demonstration tomorrow and I was lucky to meet her today for lunch. I wish that I could attend her demonstration tomorrow but hope that we can have her back for an event in the future.

For dinner tonight, I decided to make a waterless dish. Here is what I did.


Ingredients
  • 1/8 cup leek, carefully cleaned, and then cut into 1/2" squares (alternate: 1/8 cup onion cut into 3/8" cubes)
  • Medium sweet potato cut into 3/8" cubes
  • 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame
  • 1/2 cup (compressed) kale, roughly hand torn into approx. 1" squares (stems composted)
  • 2t lime or lemon juice
  • 1/4 t turmeric
  • 1/4 t salt
Process
  1. I put, in this order, the leek, sweet potato, edamame, and kale into a large Saladmaster stock pan. I cooked waterlessly - i.e., I covered the pan and heated it on medium high until the vapor release started jiggling, then I reduced the heat to low till the jiggle stopped. I let it cook for about 20 minutes.
  2. When I was ready to serve, I mixed in the lime juice, turmeric, and salt.
I also made a guacamole and tomato salad with oregano, salt, pepper, Ume plum vinegar, and lime juice.

Results

Pending

Ideas for the future

Pending

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home